Tunze Stream alarm

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

Tunze Stream alarm

Post by Xster »

One morning, I noticed a weird loud intermittent "whizzing" noise coming from the fishroom. I was sort of in a panic to figure out what in the world it was. Using my hearing, I followed the noise to the driver of one of my Streams. I did not know what it was at first. Of course I could not find the manual. I also noticed that the Stream on that driver was not working.

I finally found the manual after a week of wondering what that noise was and what could be wrong. I have been meaning to call Tunze support, but never got around to it. I looked it up in the manual, and that noise was a lockup alarm. All of my Streams were completely covered in thick coralline algae.

After soaking in vinegar, and a little elbow grease, I put the Stream back together. It worked!!!! I proceeded to clean the other Streams in the same manner. BOY!!!! Absolutely wonderful flow once again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Me and my daughter spent 10 minutes running around the house because we thought the cat got caught in the attic again. The cat has a habit of coming behind me when i go in the attic, then she gets between the floors of the house and goes nuts. Well the noise was horrid, sounded like she was dying and we could not locate the exact area of the noise. It was not really directional and you could not pinpoint it. Well after a while we found it was the 26 gallon in the living room, the standpipe hole was making the noise, and still does it today when you have the pump too high. When i stick my hand in the tank to clean the glass and pull my hand back out of the tank the noise will start until the water clears out.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate