Beckett injected skimmers

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

LoneStar
Amoeba

Beckett injected skimmers

Post by LoneStar »

Anyone run a skimmer with the Beckett injectors? I am just wondering how loud they are.

I just ordered a MR2 (slightly modified) skimmer from Andy. I also ordered a sequence 5800 pump from another site. Supposably the pumps are fairly quiet but I am now concerned about the skimmer noise.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Running a MR2 myself.. it's pretty darn loud if you don't use the silencer, with the silencer you can't hear it. Very please with mine, I don't think a needle wheel type of comparable size can touch it.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

Is the silencer something that you make or is it something purchased?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

You could make it easily if it doesn't come with it. It's just two little pvc pieces. If you don't get one I'll take pictures of it so you can see what it looks like. It's just a little thing that you can put a cotton ball in so you don't here the wooosh from the beckett sucking in air. You could even make it out a film canister or pill bottle. Let me know if you need a pic.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

Sounds good. He did not have the supplies in stock and will not be able to build it for 2 weeks. So it may be 3-4 weeks before I receive it. I will let you know if it does not come with the silencer.

Thanks,
Jeremy