Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Aquacontroller alternative

Post by Brandon »

Anyone got one of these yet?

http://www.digitalaquatics.com/

- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I went to the site and looked at what specs they have....I do not think it will do anything but be a wavemaker on most tanks....total power is 15amp or 6amp per channel....this is not enought to run MH or a chiller. It might wk ok on something in the area of a 55gal tank but anything any bigger I do not think it will hold the load required... It also looks like it will not operate x10 controlers so you can not expand....Bottom line looks like it might be ok for a small tank if you never plan on expanding....I run an octopus but would really suggest saving your money and going with Neptune......JMO
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Definitely not for the big-tank guys... that thing wouldn't run my heater, wouldn't run my MH's... would BARELY run my who's... also wouldn't run my pumps. Heck, I'm pulling close to 30 amps of power if everything kicks on at once!
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

It is easy enough to rig up a relay on any circuit you need higher amperage on, so I don't really see that as any big deal. I like the fact that it does not use the x-10 modules, I've had so many of these go bad over the years, I don't have that much faith in them. The soft start feature is nice if you did want to use it for powerheads or pumps. I like it, and the price is right.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.