big tank owners: where do you keep your reserve water?

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

big tank owners: where do you keep your reserve water?

Post by ShagMan »

background: I'm thinking about moving from 30, one gallon jugs, to something a little more manageable... I also want to do a one time "fill" on this resevoir every few weeks, to keep my RO membrane from getting used to quick, and have the resevoir feed my reef aquarium. I'm gonna get a 30 or 55 gallon drum to store in, from the flea market.

The million dollar question: where do you keep your large freshwater resevoir? Is verying temp a problem, do I need to keep it inside, in the garage, what?

Thanks for any replies,
-Josh Murrah
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

We use our laundry room
Karen
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I don't have a big tank but I used a 20 gallon Brute container in my laundry room which is not air conditioned. I don't think high temp is a problem unless you dump a bunch of hot water in your tank at one time.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I use 10 5gal water jugs like from abita springs....found them on sale at walll mart for less than 5 bucks each...could use unused gas cans also......the key is unused....also keep 50 gal in the ole coke barrles as suggested. total 100gal
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I use one 30 gallon ex-cola plastic barrel for top off water... located in a closet beside my tank(room temp)........ with the top off line going through the wall to the float valve in the sump/
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

3 Gallon pressurized containter attached to RO unit.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate