leaky plumbing!

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

leaky plumbing!

Post by ShagMan »

I thought I'd see if you guys know what to do to help... I got a new water filtration system, and the DI canister (horizontal, endcaps on both ends) had a faulty endcap that didn't let the o-ring seal. I've PVC glued it, put super glue gel on it, nothing works... last thing I tried was two-part epoxy, and it still leaked in a few spots...the two-part epoxy was still not quite solid after a day, I think it didn't cure right, or just didn't want to bond to plastic/PVC. What would you guys use on a leaky seam, something that you have to seal from the outside? It has to take 50+ PSI, I just can't seem to keep it from leaking under pressure.

I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer, but they're in Canada, so it'd take 1.5 weeks or more to get a replacement to me... for the time being, I plumbed into the DI stage of my old system, but the DI resin in it is mostly shot, so I need to get this new one into service.
-Josh Murrah
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

i used a ton od plumbers goop on my closed loop pump that was leaking i think i just didnt glue it when i put it all together the first time i was a small leak it was funney that when the pump was off it didnt leak but when it was running it leaked

the pump never really vibrated at all but i just squeezzzzzed a lot of plumners goop on it and smeared it all around the joint it did the job

hth

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!