Workhorse 7 question.

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Snakeman
Astrea snail

Workhorse 7 question.

Post by Snakeman »

Is any body running 2 48 inch vho bulbs off a workhorse 7 ballast. I am ready to get rid of my hot tar ballast. Fultons web site doesn't say you can run two off one ballast just one. but I have seen them being sold and advertised as being able to run 2 of them. Next question.. Can you use regular end cap on vho bulbs( like the kind for a 20 watt bulb). I'm looking for some really cheap end caps because i'm building some growing lights out of vhos to go in a green house. I don't need anything water proof just cheap.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

I'm runnig 2 48 off wh7. You have to run the yellow like a common, jump it to every treminal on one end of the bulbs, the 4 reds go the other way.

I don't think standard endcaps will work, heat issue.

Joe
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Good. How hot do those ballast get?
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I run these on 6' bulbs, you just put however many wires you need on a bulb to make it come out... I use three of the four hot wires on one end, and the ground on the other end, powers a 160w bulb almost perfectly. Fulham's site has wiring diagrams for all possible bulb configurations.
-Josh Murrah
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Mine are wired in the canopy with fans blowing over them and are not hot at all. But before the fans they were very hot, could not hardly hold your hand on them after they were on a while.

Joe
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

They get pretty warm... I would say ok to touch, but barely. I have all four of mine mounted on the top of my canopy.
-Josh Murrah
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I firgure they would be a lot cooler than tar ballast. I can put my hand on a tar ballast for a little while. I was thinking about getting the workhorses because they might be cooler.