Anyone use XM 10,000K Bulbs?

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Yeah, I changed out one of my actinics for a daylight and it was ok. I really like the color of my Iwasaki's and I think that going from one extreme to the other did not help. Plus I am still growing a lot of stuff out and not really looking for color yet.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I went from Iwasaki's to the Ushio 10,000K and liked what I saw. The Iwasaki's were just a tad too yellow for me. The 10,000K gave me the same "white" look, but without my bad algae glowing under that yellow light! :)
Wind me up!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I'm a believer in the Ushio 10k, definitely. If you need SPS and don't mind the problems MH can give ya, it's definitely the way to go for crisp white light.
-Josh Murrah
UnderWaterWorld
Amoeba

Post by UnderWaterWorld »

Hello all, I am new to the forum and hope to fit in with the rest of the gang.
I email XM and Jason informed me that they will be comming out with a 250 watt 15k bulb in the beginning of May. I currently have a 250 10K over my 15 gal and I love the bulb. I supplement with (2) 32 watt actinics PC but would like it a little more blue. I will be getting the 15K when it is sold. Great bulb for the price. I'm origanilly from Mobile and now live in Birmingham. I really miss Mobile for that reaon. Birmingham has 2 stores Aquarium Designs and Aquarium Imports. Aquarium Designs has a beautiful store and has a huge selection of coral but some of the prices are high, higher that B&B but there quality is great. Aquarium Imports has a limited selection, the store is cramped and prices or high , not a good combination. I will be in mobile in May and hope I can stop by one of the meets when I'm there.