What to put under an external pump.

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

What to put under an external pump.

Post by Scott »

Just wondering what some others are using underneath external pumps to keep them from making too much noise. I have tried mouse pads and foam, both work ok but I can still feel the pump vibration in the stand and floor (I have hardwood floors so that makes it difficult to keep noises down).
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

I am going to try a few things once mine are up and going. I am going to rey them stock first for a while-if it aint broke...

May try styrofoam and we have some anti vibration pads at work made from cork and rubber I might try.

Joe
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Are you firing that sequence up yet? Is it 1.5" inlet/out let? I didnt realize how big that was until I used it for my drains, should really flow some h2o.

Joe
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I am trying to get it installed soon. That is one of the reasons for this question. It is 2" in and 1.5" out. I didn't realize that until I opened the box. The larger Reefflo's are 1.5" in and out. 2 inches is a huge pipe. I just replumbed mt Mag 12 with 1.25 and it helped some with the noise but want to use an external return pump (Gen X) for heat reasons.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.