MR-2 Skimmer help!!!

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

MR-2 Skimmer help!!!

Post by reeferpuffer »

i recently bought a mr-2 skimmer and a pcx-40 to run it (recomended pump from the company ...i plumbed it all up and sat the skimmer beside the tank above the sump and let the return water gravity fall through a 1 1/4 pipe back into the sump...my problem is... when i open the gate valve all the way open and plug the pump up, i slowly close the valve so that the water gets to the right height...then i turn the air contol valve and let it start getting air, then my tank turns white with micro-bubbles, its dumping all the fractionating foam thats supossed to be in the chamber into the tank., dont get me wrong, there is still alot of foam in the reaction chamber, but its dumping air into the sump..any way to fix it?
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

OMG, thought you got out of the hobby! :)
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: MR-2 Skimmer help!!!

Post by snoopdog »

reeferpuffer wrote:i recently bought a mr-2 skimmer and a pcx-40 to run it (recomended pump from the company ...i plumbed it all up and sat the skimmer beside the tank above the sump and let the return water gravity fall through a 1 1/4 pipe back into the sump...my problem is... when i open the gate valve all the way open and plug the pump up, i slowly close the valve so that the water gets to the right height...then i turn the air contol valve and let it start getting air, then my tank turns white with micro-bubbles, its dumping all the fractionating foam thats supossed to be in the chamber into the tank., dont get me wrong, there is still alot of foam in the reaction chamber, but its dumping air into the sump..any way to fix it?
Dude, I have never been a grammar nazi before. That has got to be the longest run-on sentence ever.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

you can never get the hobby out of me, i tried, but cant resist :lol:
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Try putting a filter sock on the drain line.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

good idea, i'll try that tomorrow when i get home, i'll let ya know how it turns out...