Auto top off ?

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Auto top off ?

Post by Scott »

I am looking for an auto top off system that uses the two float switches and a powerhead in a bucket. Last year they were all over the place (RC, E-bay, etc) for less than $20 but I haven't been able to find one less than $50 recently. Has anyone seen one like I am talking about or has anyone made one using the float switches and extension cord?

TIA,
Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I made one with an extension cord but never put a second float switch on it. I sold my dosing pump and a float switch was included in that and I blew out that switch so had to give the guy one of my other float switches that i was going to use and never got to order another one. It was very simple and I haven't had any problems.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Where did you get the switches? Which switches do I need? Are there any wiring diagrams on the net?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I'd have to look on my computer when i get home. I followed some link on line and blew the one switch while testing the thing out. :( Then I got the wiring right. I did a search on RC for float switch and it listed one guy who made them. I can't recall the site off the top of my head.

This has saved me some headaches. Now I only have to fill the tub of water every weekend. I still wish i had an RO unit close enough to the tub so I wouldn't have to remember to fill it, but it does beat adding water every other day.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

i think floatswitches.net or .com has them pretty cheap im on the same boat im working ont the kalk topoff

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I used floatswitches also. Here is what i followed to hook mine up.

http://www.melevsreef.com/plumbing/auto_topoff.html