Moon Lights

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

crsswift70
Copepod

Moon Lights

Post by crsswift70 »

Hello all! im new to the hobby and have spent way too much money getting my tank ready. in doing my research (for the best prices!) i found these lights. i saw them on a website that was featuring them in their show aquariums and on tv? anyway, has anyone used them? i have to admit that i jumped on them and they are on the way. but, they were extremely happy with them, theyre inexpensive and i thought id pass it on. http://superlumination.com/fixtures.htm . they claimed the 3 LED wide angle lights is what people were using.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

pretty cheap for moon lights.
-Josh Murrah
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Let us know how you like them I might have to get me some.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Those little LED lights look cool, but that is about it. Don't really serve any other useful function other than nighttime viewing.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I like them because they make stuff glow at night. I had made some but they don't last very long before the salt gets to them. I think those lights would do good.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I have the 4.99 ones on my tank... very easy to just wire up and work great... It gives a great moonlight glow to the tank at night. Mine are still working but i had one on the little 26 gal tank and i recenly put it up to show off some stuff on a shelf and it died about a day after i put it up. It was in a box with other dirty fish tank stuff for a while so maybe something there messed it up. Otherwise mine have been doing since December.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

the 4.99 ones should be the three LED. how big is your tank and how many did you need? i ordered 2 but thought that might actually be overkill on my 29 gal. starter.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

you will only need one on the 29. I have 2 over a 135. They are at opposite ends of the tank. I don't get much of an effect in the middle but thats fine. My neon green and red blasto look wild under these light. The leds will one day die. I forget how many hours they usually last. Keep the second one for when that happens. I have had mine on about 5 hrs a night since last december and they are still going. Not a bad deal for $5.