Drinking Water

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Drinking Water

Post by snoopdog »

Slightly off-topic but what would you buy for your faucet for a drinking water setup ? Our RO/DI is outside in the garage and not exactly convenient, plus it is DI, not very tasty. I would not want to run out to the garage to get 120 degree water when I want a drink, plus I would like to run the ice maker through it. I checked Airwaterice.com and god there decent one is $150 with the storage tank, ouch....not bad, but not that great of a deal. Is a 5-stage really needed for good drinking water ?

Can I do better than this ?

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1WATERCOP
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

sounds pretty good...but since its made for drinking water...I'm wondering how long it will last....People dont normally drink 30-40 gallons at a time. I would be willing to guess one of the more industrial models would outlast this one...But for the price..you might be able to just buy two of them and have one for backup!
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

Wait...is this going to replace your existing one or just be used for drinking water only?

If it is the latter ignore my previouos post
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I just plumbed mine into my ice maker, cold r/o and very good ice.... I think it's a t-splitter before the di-unit to a final polishing filter. Ran under the house. I had the faucet setup at the last house, it was ok, but it wasn't cold water.

I think Shagman has the same sort of setup on his also.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

danielmiller82 wrote:Wait...is this going to replace your existing one or just be used for drinking water only?

If it is the latter ignore my previouos post
Nevermind the entire post, I have an idea :twisted:
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate