Sump/refugium recommendation

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Sump/refugium recommendation

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

I currently have a 75 gallon with a hang on Emporer 400 as my filter. I am fine with that for now and don't currently plan on getting sump for this tank. Although I am seriously considering a hang on refugium.

I am planning on upgrading my tank in the future (maybe in about a year) to possibly a 150. When I do get a larger tank I would really like to get a sump with a built in refugium. I'm already looking online getting ideas on how to either build one or looking at brands to buy. If I buy one, which one do you recommend? Where did you get your sump refugium?
-Kristyn
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

I just use a rubbermaid tub for my sump but i am not useing a refugium. Rich sells the tanks with baffles put in for a refugium. Or you could just buy whatever size tank you want to use for your sump and put in your own baffles.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Yeah I was considering turning my 75 or a 20 I have into a sump/refugium when I upgrade.
-Kristyn
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

use the 75 if you can fit it.
prunella
Amoeba

Who is Rich? Need help with sump/refugium

Post by prunella »

Who is Rich? Does he sell sump/refugiums? I am trying to figure out how to make one right now. I am a newbie, and I need advice on exactly what I would need to get the water from the tank-to the fuge-back to the tank....any advice would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks!
Marlene
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
prunella
Amoeba

Post by prunella »

Thanks Snoopdog! I will make a trip to visit!