Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Find me this

Post by snoopdog »

I challenge you to find one of these for me local

http://www.lightsofamerica.com/wl.htm

They make great sump lights, just take off the arms.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

They are carried by home depot over here.

I have a 500 watt as shown and I believe a flourescent 500 watt equivilent.

You can have the 500 watt equivilent flourescent if you can find a way to get it. I had two. I used one for my 120 sump light and sold it with the tank. It worked great. You can have the one that has never been used.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Redfish wrote:I have a 500 watt as shown and I believe a flourescent 500 watt equivilent.
I believe everything LOA makes is flourescent ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Yeah, your right. My bad. I was having a bad brain fade. I was thinking of the two diiferent flourescent bulb configurations. The flat configuration does not provide as much light. You would think the opposite would be true.

I did make sure I had the one I offered. I have it but it is a Flour-ex brand in the water resistent case. The good news is that it is not the flat bulb, it is the same as the picture.

Yours if you want it. It does not have the handles, just a mounting post.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Handles are not an issue, all get ripped off anyway. I have two of the flat pack versions in the attic growing dust, not bright enough. the flat pack has two tubes I think, the round style 65 watter has 2 tubes X 4 in a round configuration and makes a tremendous difference. They also put out an amazing amount of light for 30-40 dollars and pretty damn reliable. The 65 watt I use now has been around for about 3 years or more and when I power it on only 2 tubes glow, every 5 minutes or so another 2 tubes will cut on. It is amazing how these things just never die.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I have to go to the Home Depot over here Saturday anyway so I will look to see if they carry them. It has been spotty at best.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.