Automation help.

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Automation help.

Post by Scott »

Does anyone have a good idea to automate everything on your aquarium. It would have to be pretty reliable and not need to be screwed with for at least a month at a time. The one thing that I am really in need of is for top off water. I do not trust float valves hooked up to the RO unit when I won't be home for a week or more. I have heard to many problems there. I have looked at the Octopus and the other controllers but really haven't had that much time to really research them. I do like the web access that one of them has but how could I check the top off without a salinity meter?

Sorry it's just mindless rambling but 12 hours a day 7 days a week since March 16th is gettin old.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

How about the laser top off things, never tried one but that seems reliable.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Is that the Tunze top off? That is one that I have been looking at. With that and a controller with a salinity monitor and the web access I would at least feel better by knowing what's going on.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

For web access you will also have to have a static IP address and a good deal of web programming knowledge. And you may want a dedicated older computer to run it. Something that will be running 24/7.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/ instead of a static IP, works very well, I use it.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
RunDrums

Post by RunDrums »

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=418

I have one of these and love it best money i've spent so far
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I have something very similar to that I bought years ago and think it is in my garage catching dust. It did work well but I never autotop any more.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.