Oceanview Aquariums

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

carlab
Amoeba

Oceanview Aquariums

Post by carlab »

Does anyone have one of their RR tanks. I have a couple of their tanks that are used for freshwater and they are very well made. I am in planning stages for upgrading to a 180G. Have considered getting one from Oceanview but I am not sure about their overflows. Lfs here in Biloxi sells them but didn't have a RR I could look at. They did tell me Oceanview normally makes their overflows in the back corners and drills them with only one hole in each but will drill with 2 if that is what I want. Just not sure I want to go with that or get an AGA. At least I am familiar with their overflows and know what they are rated at in GPH flow. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Carla
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Well, I can tell you this....they made mine just like I asked. I wanted a center overflow in my 120 with 1- 1x1/2" drain and 1-1"return and they didn't bat an eye. I got the impression they'll do whatever you want, they just charge accordingly.

I like the tank they made me, but I don't have it running at full speed yet. Oceanview certainly came highly recommended from alot of folks.
satchmofish
Amoeba

Post by satchmofish »

Crystal Reef aquariums in Hattiesburg sells them & can order pretty much anything you want.

-russ
uncommon valor was a common virtue
carlab
Amoeba

Post by carlab »

Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel better about ordering one. I really didn't want to go with an AGA due to the type of "plastic" braces they use. Would feel better on a large tank to have a heavy glass brace. I have a 100G freshwater tank made by Oceanview and it is very well made. Was just unsure on their overflows since I haven't seen them. I would have really rather had an Oceanic but know that is out of the question at this time due to their restructuring of the company.