Skimmers again

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Kart Racer
Copepod

Skimmers again

Post by Kart Racer »

Looking to upgrade my skimmer later this year. ASM, Euro-Reef. I have looked at the recirculating skimmers that Rich sells and also the downdraft ones he sells also. I belive they all can be had for around they same price or within 50 bucks or so. Any other suggestions?

Jeff
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

Don't forget about Deltec and H&S
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Any of those skimmers would be a fine choice, IMHO. What downdraft and needlewheel skimmers does Rich sell? I thought I saw some Reef Octopus skimmers there a while back. Are those the ones you are talking about?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

Yea Andrew, the recirculating and downdraft are both reef octopus. Where can you find H&S online? I looked at Deltec also.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Jeff, the master distributor, I believe, is FinsReef ( www.finsreef.com ). They also sell Schuran skimmers, which are also fairly good. They have bubblekings from Royal Exclusiv if you have the mind (and wallet) to get one. Most people think Deltec is bad, but Klaus Jansen and Royal Exclusiv are out of their minds.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

I will definitely say BubbleKing is out of the question. I could only imagine telling the wife about buying one of those.