Wanted: to set up a tank again.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i can get it tomorrow
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

I'm just gettin around to doin it and need to know specifics (I've never had this done). How far down does the holes need to be drilled? If I can remember...Don't I want the center or bottom of hole to be the waterline for tank? Exactly how far down should the center of the hole be?
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

evermann wrote:I'm just gettin around to doin it and need to know specifics (I've never had this done). How far down does the holes need to be drilled? If I can remember...Don't I want the center or bottom of hole to be the waterline for tank? Exactly how far down should the center of the hole be?

Unless you have corner overflows with bottom drains and returns then the top (drain and surface returns)holes are about an half inch from the top. You would not want the hole determine your waterline. For the intake line many people including myself use a "90" elbow screwed into the bulkhead angled up to the waterline with a fitted screen sucking water from the surface. I have 2 return lines , one on either side of the tank about 1/2 inch from the top with adjustable LocLine return fittings. The intake is between these two return lines closer to one side (to draw water across the surface of the tank)

You can see the aprx distance from the top the I have my bulkheads

The LocLine returns coming from the bulkheads

The overflow and strainer angled to the surface.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

ok guys, whomever wants holes drilled, bring your tanks tomorrow, because oceanview is comming wednesday...make sure you use a red or black sharpie marker and draw where you want holes drill and what size bulkhead will be going there...if you want, they can throw in bulkheads also...if you dont want to wait for it to be delivered back to the store, you can go to oceanview and pick it up..the assy is 2323 C telephone road, pascagoula, ms 39567
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Holy crap, I know just where that is, and it's only about 30 minutes from where I live. Do they have a showroom or do any retail sales, or is it wholesale only/no storefront?
-Josh Murrah
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

whole sale only, no showroom, sorry...but you can take a tour of ocea..me and leslie are gonna call kim the owner of ocea manufacturing and schedule a tour and demo, then maybe hit the zoo across the street...were not sure when were gonna go, but does anyone wanna come?..you'll get to see all kinds of tanks, canopys, and stand models. just let me know if so...
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I DEFINITLY want to go; can you arrange the tour on a weekend day?
-Josh Murrah
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

sure, i'll request off one saturday and call her up and schedule an apt.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I would love to go, but our schedules get tight. I might could go but would need to know a day in advance.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i will post the day that she says we can come to give her full undivided attention...i'll make the reservation tomorrow for the second saturday of august...i'll post a thread for a field trip..once i get the go ahead from ocea.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Thank you Mike!
-Josh Murrah
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

scott, your tank will be picked up tomorrow, they decided not to come b/c theyre still in p' city.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I just took a stab in the dark as to where the bulkheads will be drilled. If you think that they would be better somewhere else call me. I think the closed loop bulkheads will be good, but the overflow bulkheads may not be close enough to the top and too close to the ends.

Thanks Mike.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

it looked good man, i'll look harder tomorrow b4 they pick it up