Coralife 36 Watt Fixture

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Coralife 36 Watt Fixture

Post by snoopdog »

I have a Coralife 18W X 2 fixture at my office. I guess it is maybe 8 months old and this morning it looked dim. I flip it over and a bulb is not lit so I think "OK well this is on my dime" so I start looking for bulbs. As an afterthought and being burned before I decide to flip the bulbs around and well you know the rest of the story. One bulb only works on one end. The other bulb will not fire on either end ? What gives ?

So to sum it up.

Bulb 1 = Works on endcap 1 but not endcap 2
Bulb 2 = Does not work on endcap 1 nor endcap 2

Any ideas ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Hmmm, assuming the fixture has one ballast (?) I would have to think that bulb 2 is bad and Endcap 2 is either bad or corroded. If bulb 2 was on endcap 2 and it's really corroded, it may have done in the bulb. Have you checked the wiring and the connectors on endcap 2?

All just a guess, though.... :)
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

What a POS.

I had picked up another one after this post. This morning I had come in and noticed the tank was dark on the rear. The connector cracked in two. I have come to the conclusion these are POS.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Sure sounds like it. :)
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

Yikes :shock: I just bought Current's version of that light. Hope it lasts longer than 8 months.....