Pump Woes

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

megelBeagle
Amoeba

Pump Woes

Post by megelBeagle »

I discovered today that my sump return pump (Blueline 20) was not working. :( I took the cover off and it's turning over fine. The impeller is intact, but is not turning freely.

Shouldn't it be?

I have never done any service on this pump and I know little about it. I tried to pull the impellor from its housing but it would not come out. I am afraid to force it out, not sure if there is some trick. Any blueline owners out there with some input?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
-miguel
75 gallon reef
30L refuge
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

thats the panworld blueline pump right? I have a bigger one that also locked up on me once when I turned it to re-route some plumbing.. For the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it but I do recall taking everything apart. I know I wasn't a happy camper when it happened. If I can think of what I did I'll let you know.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Hmm, I can't really help you personally, as I have never owned the Blueline pumps, but I would contact Champion Lighting and Supply. They have been the master distributor of these pumps for a while, so it might be worthwhile to shoot them an email and see what they can do.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

does the hole front come off like a gen-x ? (the black part , and has two halfs with the impeller inside ?)if so you can be very careful and try to pry it out with a flat head screwdriver