Lighting on EBAY

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

tswtrskier56
Amoeba

Lighting on EBAY

Post by tswtrskier56 »

So, I just ordered a 72 inch Retrofit kit for my 180 gal. It has 4 400 watt MH with individual electronic balasts, and 4 80 watt T5s with dual balasts, all the reflectors, and moon glow leds. Does anyone have experience with these products? They are not name brand, but it looks like a decent deal, paid 950 for it....whats the general concensus?
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Hmm, not really enough info to make any sort of judgement. Without knowing the bulb, ballast, etc., there is little to say. If it is decent, it seems as though it was a very nice deal, though :shock: .
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
tswtrskier56
Amoeba

Post by tswtrskier56 »

The bulbs are german 15000K bulbs, and the t5s are 80 Watt each Atinic 03
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

No brand name on the bulbs? That's okay. It seems like it is plenty good to go--at the least, you could simply tweak it with slightly better stuff later on. Like I said, that is still a deal.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

There are some real bogus folks selling light fixtures on ebay. They've changed names a number of times but are the same folks. Hopefully that's not what you get, but ebay is iffy at best on expensive products such as those. Generally they don't offer any help if you have problems either, this I found from experience a few years ago. For others considering it, that are willing to spend that much, I say go for companies who will back up their products years later.

Good luck. :lol:
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Well personally I have gotten nothing but quality products on Ebay. My last hermit crab purchase was the better than anything I have ever gotten local. I would say I still have nearly 90 percent of the 100 hermits i bought. Normally every single hermit I get locally dies within 3 months.

I have purchased heaters, RO/DI, refills, Car Stereos, Speakers, Computer Parts, hermits, snails and have had nothing but good luck.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tswtrskier56
Amoeba

Post by tswtrskier56 »

Thanks for the replies, Im still waiting on everything to come in, will see what it all looks like, hope it works like its supposed to, its going to be a whole lot of wattage, so i dont need anything screwing up...
tswtrskier56
Amoeba

Post by tswtrskier56 »

Ok, got everything in except the t5 bulbs, backordered... will hook up in a week or so once i get my canopy installed.