is it ever enough ?

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

is it ever enough ?

Post by SaltnLime »

Running the 3 250 watt 10k Ushio Halides with spider reflectors on the 110 gallon Adding 4 Actinic <blue> VHO 4 " bulbs in the next few days. Is that going to be enough blue for good coral coloration? Too much? I have the Icecap 660 Ballast so I am having to stagger the 4' bulbs to cover the who tank.

Should I just get 4 6' ones? That would require another ballast. Worth it?

Wanting to have enough lighting to keep all my options open and may add eggcrating to the top wich will reduce lighting a bit probably.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I think with the Ushio bulbs the 4 110w actinics will be enough. If it is too blue you can always add a 50/50 or daylight bulb to balance it out.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I actually think that sounds perfect. That is basically what we did with our other tank but we used 250 watt MH's.

Looks great!

Elizabeth
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

I agree with Liz, I think the 440 W of actinics Vho's will balance out the 10K ushios very nicely!!!
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Thanks for the comments. Waiting on some stand offs for the end caps to come in.

I was alittle worried at so much blue....My 29 gallon has 1 175 watt 10k ushio halide and 2 Normal Output actinics and the blue seems perfect...but then again it is a much more confined space...and less depth too.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "