Ummmm......Help...

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

Ummmm......Help...

Post by SaltnLime »

Well I took out the icecap ballast that I got a while back It had 4 vho's on it. The icecap has been modded to dim. Anyway I don't at all understand the wiring diagram or the harnesses. Um...Scott.....beuller....anyone willing to help me get them hooked up?
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

You purchased the dimming module ? I thought those were higher than the ballast. Anyway here is yoru configuration for 4 bulbs on the icecap 660 http://www.icecapinc.com/660-4.htm
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Are you actually using the dimming feature or has the ballast just been modified? Wiring the 4 bulb configuration is pretty easy, just follow the diagram. If you have any specific problems let me know.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Well it was modified by it's previous owner....no I do not intend to use the dimming feature as I have read the VHO do not dim well.

I have not seen a normal wiring job, so I am not sure how it is wired. Looking at the diagram does not seem to help. :?
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
JPerkins
Amoeba

Post by JPerkins »

You can't dim the icecap without a dimmer that costs a ton. Its not worth the cash as only one or 2 people make them and they are expensive.

As far as the wiring, do you have a wiring harness?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I have seriously considered using a light track like the guy at Aquaworks has, but instead of going back and forth i was thinking starting high up in early day and then slowly going down closer to the tank at around mid day then having them back off at night. I am kicking this idea around unless it runs into alot of money.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate