tough day trying to business with Ricks Reef

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

tbmoore
Astrea snail

tough day trying to business with Ricks Reef

Post by tbmoore »

I have been trying to find a Tunze 6100pump for my tank and have been jerked around all day. Ricks Reef in New Orleans was suppose to have one for me (he had it in stock) and get the multicontroler in today per our conversatin fri. He did not get the controler in ( do not blame him for that) and when I called him he tried to sell me the single controler which he had in stock and when I agreed and to the high price he then refused to send to me as promissed last fri. He said he wanted me to come over and see his shop. #*&# him if he shipped I would not have to pay tax. or gas or loose 5hrs to drive over. I have seen his shop. nothing special. not only that he did not tell the truth. I would not buy a snail from him.

On the upside I did contact HI TECH Aquariums in Huntington Station NY.
631-271-7855. He is expecting some in and will get in touch when they come in...talked with him for a long while on his dime...he called me back..He will ship and has some high in frags and equiptment he says. His e-mail is mushberger@aol.com Just another source for us to try .
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I have been there too. They really didn't have too much as far as livestock went but neither did Coral Connection at the time. The owner (I guess) was pretty nice and we talked for a while. If I ever go to New Orleans again I will visit his shop but they will have a hard time competing with CC. They are really the only two places near here that regularly have acros, but I haven't been to Peter Yo's place yet. I hate that you had a bad experience with them.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Is that oceanrealm on RC... If so he is great.. I got my tunze from him.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I do not know...I do know he frequents rc...He seemed real nice....and helpful....unusual in lots of places. Then again I have not done bus with him yet but might in near future...he is going to call or e-mail as soon as they come in...we will see...
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

We need to put this in the Vendor Experiences area! That way we have it for reference.... Snoop...Scott. Do your mod thing :D
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

yeppers.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate