Tough day at Amazon's River

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

whats funny is that he still comes into the store..hehe :twisted:
Dys
Amoeba

Post by Dys »

Ahh coming into the store, sure... have you ever seen me spend a dime?
NEVER... havent spent a dime there since before the other Mike left.
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I have 3 stores I do that to over here. I stop in at least every other week but just won't buy anything. There is a 4th that I don't even go into period. I'm thinking of just ordering on line from now on and from just one place in town. I'll still stop in the other 3 but just to look. I'm sure that pisses them off. Oh well.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

There is great value in "knowing" a contact person at a LFS. I know you guys mostly don't like B&B, but when Jonathan was still there I knew what was on order... what was sick... and generally had the heads up on what was going on. I do not do near the business with B&B that I did while he was there.

I think the 2 guys active on this forum do/will develop similar relationships with there customers too. Online orders? I don't like to order fish online! You do not know what you're getting. I personally cannot afford to order fish that come in sick only to watch them die of stress.

Don't give up on the LFS in your area yet... if we don't support them, they will shutdown and all the "little" stuff you need short notice will not be available. It's not the store owner that matters... its the guy running the place. I suggest we try to develop a relationship with the store "operators" like Mike and get the "low down" on the livestock. This goes for our new friend in Pascagoula too.
Wind me up!
Dys
Amoeba

lfs

Post by Dys »

I think its important to know what lfs's are doing... this is why I travel atleast once a month to a large number of them and atleast do a walk through and see what they have on hand. In all honesty I do most my buying from Progressive and Aquaria, both of which normally have very good prices. But I do stop by a number of places, water world, B&B, amazon etc...

I do find it funny that puffer had asked back in april to have this post closed, and some of his posts were removed and the rest left... no one touched this thread since april till puffer decided to post July 2, that I still come by the store... I will say I came by the store more to see what he was doing with the place, because before he went to work there he told me that he was gonna be able to make some large changes adn really work the retail shop and turn it around.
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yup :D
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

Hey Mike, I like what you've done with the place. Keep up the good work down at Amazon's River! :)
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

:D
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

I too think your doing a great job. We need diversity, that is what gives us options! :D
Karen