Great day in P'Cola

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

tanker stanker
Amoeba

Great day in P'Cola

Post by tanker stanker »

Mike and I went to Pensacola today and stopped by Aqua Works and some other stores, but the most impressive store we went to was Water World. They had the coolest setup and an awesome display tank with a teardrop clam in it for sale. It was a 240 cube and you could walk all the way around the tank. The flex pipe returns were so encrusted with coralline and button polyps and hidden into the rock, I had to point it out to Mike. The owner said that it had been set up for 9 years and the lighting was just perfect. It was also a bare bottom tank, which made me decide how my next tank is gonna be. Anyway it was a cool day :)
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah only problem is you have to sell your soul to get enough money to buy something there !
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

Exactly...that's what Mike was saying! To good to be true, heh.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Never thought that had much..,. their dry goods are like stuck in the 60's and priced in the 2010's. The fishroom is cool, and I have picked up a frag from their 9.99 and 19.99 tanks, but seems like the corals are usually euphyllia or goniopora's or the like.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

They always have stuff for the "irresponsible" reefkeeper too. Things that they can sell you that will never live any amount of time in the home aquaria.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

Someone needs to set up a reef store in Daphne. We have Waggy Tail, but I mean an all out Reef Headquarters. I hate going to Mobile and pensacola just to buy a fish or coral that Waggy Tail doesn't have. I had an idea once about a seafood restaurant that had 3 stories. Top floor, a bar. 1st floor a huge dining area decked out in reef aquariums. A basement area would be like a huge reef store with everything u need n more! Just thoughts though. :roll:
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

all it takes is money.....lots of the green......
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

Melissakins wrote:all it takes is money.....lots of the green......
And some know-how. You gotta know what you are doing in this market. I wont go to stores that don't know what they are talking about. The ones that stick lionfish and a perculas in the same 5g divider tank and wonder why the clowns keep disappearing.
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.