6-5-04 trip to Peters

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

Phisher
Hermit Crab

6-5-04 trip to Peters

Post by Phisher »

I went to check out Peter's today. The inside is still mostly unfinished. The large display is up and running along with about 12 display tanks for fish. He told me he is setting up a large system anemones as well and I think a shark pond if I heard right. What he has complete is awesome, everything is done right, the building will look great. I cant wait to see the finished product but I am afraid that I'm too poor to shop there.

To sum it up, looks great but I will still be buying most of my reef stuff out of the back of a video store.

Joe
SaltnLime
Chromis

Re: 6-5-04 trip to Peters

Post by SaltnLime »

Phisher wrote: To sum it up, looks great but I will still be buying most of my reef stuff out of the back of a video store.

Joe
:P :lol: :lol:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Dys
Amoeba

Post by Dys »

I went over to peter's place end of may, called him in advance to make sure he would be there and available. It was my first trip over there and he was very very friendly. His wall of tanks and one large tank look nice, though a little inconvenient, as he built it so he had to go behind the wall to get any livestock out.

I bought 1 piece of coral from him, had a nice 2-3" peace of frog spawn on it and 4 branches of Pumping Xenia. All teh Xenia died within 3 days of being in my tank, the frog spawn is doing great though, has about 6 new branches since I got it.

I did notice the water when I got home was a little stinky, almost live rock directly off a plane 4 days late stinky.
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

That was probably the Xenia, it has a distinctive odor.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate