B&B Pet Stop

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Welcome to the site, i will look for you next time i am in there.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

NM354 wrote:I work at B&B (in freshwater). Pretty much everyone who works in SW knows for the most part what they are talking about. but if you want to talk about corals the best person to talk to is either Bart or Andrew (yeah he is young but he knows what he is talking about). All of your complaints about the store are very valid as well. yeah our stuff is expensive but hey i buy my stuff on line so it doesn't really bother me. Next time any of you are in there stop by freshwater and say hey.

-Rin
I agree that Andrew is very helpful. Any question I have ever been able to ask, he has answered without any problem. I haven't personally talked with Bart, but have friends who know and recommend his opinion highly.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Who is the guy with the dreads.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

lenny
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

As if.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

lenny unfortunately doesn't work there anymore. He is the one that got me into the hobby.
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

Did any of you guys go to the sale Friday night? I went in earlier this week and saw the new shipment of corals they had gotten in and decided to buy two pieces before the sale and then got one more on Friday night. I am very happy with the piecies I got. I bought a nice piece of Tonga branch (about 7") covered with orange and green zoo's and a tubastrea. Then Friday night picked up a nice piece of green favia that really glows. I'll post a few pics later.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I made it to the sale on Friday and picked up a few things. We are trying to restock the tank of fish from Ivan so most of the things we got were fish. I got a carnation (which I have heard bad things about now), sailfine tank, copper banded butterfly, coral banded shrimp, feather duster, sally light foot crab, and some dry goods. We spent a little too much. It turns out that we only got 10% off and then the 5% (VIP) on the livestock. I did not know this until we checked out.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

When I was at B&B yesterday they told me that they were going to get a large shipment of fish in today sometime (some corals but not much). I think from 3 different supplyers.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I got ripped off the asme way Andy, only got 15% instead of the 25% advertized... I didn't notice it either.
-Josh Murrah
megelBeagle
Amoeba

Post by megelBeagle »

Same here. :(
-miguel
75 gallon reef
30L refuge
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

I guess I got lucky - on the favia that I picked up, the price was supposed to be 49.99. I also picked up a feather duster and an emerald crab and a bottle of Zooplex (I think that's what it's called). But anyway, I got to the register and the girl said $51 and some change. I asked her about this and said that didn't sound right. She then assured me that I had saved a lot of money with the sale. After getting home I found out that instead of charging me the 49.99 for the coral, she charged me 17.99 for a yellow bear hamster and then gave me all my discounts on top of that. I tried to tell her that something was wrong. Anyway, I remember seeing you in ther Andy. I remember you picking out the carnation because me and a couple buddies had commented on how pretty it was. How is it doing so far? Good I hope.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

So far it is doing fine except for some times during the day it droops over and does not look that great. A little while later it will pop back up. I am keeping a close eye on it though.
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

Good to hear. I have yet to see my favia extend it's tentacles, but I think it may be doing in during the middle of the night. Any one have any experience with this coral?
megelBeagle
Amoeba

Post by megelBeagle »

Are yellow bear hamsters reef safe?
-miguel
75 gallon reef
30L refuge