B&B Pet Stop

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

reefskimmer
Amoeba

B&B Pet Stop

Post by reefskimmer »

I am new to the area and am looking to set up another reef system. I had to break down my 125 and get rid of all the LS :cry: . I visited B&B today and they seemed nice. A gentlemen by the name of Brad reccomended this site. I am just looking to see if there were any good experiances with B&B or if you all can reccomend anything better. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tami
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Tami,
1st off.. welcome aboard!
Don't want to rag on B&B if they sent you here, but there are other options locally... I realize there are some good people working at B&B, you will go broke trying to get setup from their.
Might want to call Rich Galloway at Progressive Marine , he's in mobile and runs his business out of his garage.
How large of a tank are you wanting to setup? Reef or Live rock with fish tank?
Last edited by Brandon on Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

go for the reef...hehe :wink:
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Welcome Tami, glad to have you here.
There are some things that are ok to buy at B&B: fish food, suppliments, fish that have been there a week or more. The prices of those things are pretty much the same price everywhere. There corals are twice the price of anywhere else.

I am really glad that at least one person at B&B is telling others about this club.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Welcome to the site....
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

hello.......tami :wink: ...welcome
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Welcome to the site. I was in B&B today and picked up a 6-Line for my 26 gallon and talked to a guy named James about our club a little bit.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

boooo boooo B&B booo! j/k :D :wink:
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

1st welcome Tami, you have come to the right place for fun & information.
As for B&B when we first visited thier store, we were impressed with a few of the helpers. They were very informative and curtious. Sadly, I must confess, they are the ones that told us that arrow crabs are completely reef & fish safe. And they are sticking to that comment after the death of a fish and several emerald crabs in our tank. In all fairness, they did reimburse us for the crab. Then turned around and ask us, while we inquired about a grounding rod, "What is that"? :roll: We showed it to them & explained how it worked.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I had an Arrow crab for 2 years without a problem are you sure he killed a fish or was just eating on a dead carcass ? I am pretty sure they are reef safe from my experiences. The only thing they seemed to eat for me is normal food and there main diet.....bristleworms.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

They stab thier prey. Anything smaller then them needs to keep one eye on them. Also they do not like banded coral shrimp at all. From all I read recently, you can have either good or killer experiences.
customreefs
Amoeba

B&B buzz

Post by customreefs »

Don't want to talk down on B&B either, but can't help but agree with what everyone is saying here.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Welcome to the site....If you have the space for that 240 below I really recomend it...It is nothing personal to me but one heck of a deal...You should at least go look at the tank and then price out the equiptment if you have the space....
megelBeagle
Amoeba

Good and bad.

Post by megelBeagle »

Good:
I like the guys at B&B. The guys there have some good input.
It's good for livestock and they have RO there.

Bad:
The supplies run low from time to time.
Don't buy equipment there, it's insane expensive.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

I work at B&B (in freshwater). Pretty much everyone who works in SW knows for the most part what they are talking about. but if you want to talk about corals the best person to talk to is either Bart or Andrew (yeah he is young but he knows what he is talking about). All of your complaints about the store are very valid as well. yeah our stuff is expensive but hey i buy my stuff on line so it doesn't really bother me. Next time any of you are in there stop by freshwater and say hey.

-Rin