Custom Reefs - NEW

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

customreefs
Amoeba

Custom Reefs - NEW

Post by customreefs »

Wanted to let everyone know about our store. We have been around for years but mostly selling from home. Now we are finally open.

http://www.customreefs.com

We are located in Pascagoula, MS.

See our 1000 Gallon Show Tank Live http://24.116.169.95:8080/
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I talked to Peter Yo's web guy, he sounded pretty stoked up about the website... I'm gonna head out there Monday or Tuesday (I'm on vacation for those two days), and check the place out. Terry, call or IM me, I'm gonna be in your area.
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Welcome. Nice website.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I was wondering if you'd allow local pickup for corals won on ebay?
Wind me up!
customreefs
Amoeba

E-bay

Post by customreefs »

Yes, You can pick up local and when paying through Pay Pal, We will discount off the shipping fees.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

What are your store hours?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
customreefs
Amoeba

Hours

Post by customreefs »

9 - 7 Monday -Fri
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I went over yesterday; here's what I found:

The store is only partially setup. The back wall, with the stock tanks and the display tank is setup, but the whole floor is bare. Peter was setting up a large holding tank in the middle of the floor (cinder blocks and liner) while I was there. Peter's having some new store problems too, the small holding tanks are accessed from the back, however, the backs are painted, so he was trying to grab my fish by looking in over the top/back and was having a tough time. There's also a powerhead in the way in each tank.

There's no credit card terminal (maybe no cash register?) in the new building... we had to walk over to the meat market to "charge it."

The store hours are 9-7, however, Peter still works in the meat market during the day a lot, so call before you go, or stop by the meat market first when you get there... I happened to find Peter in the new building when I showed up.

Peter has almost NO stock at this time... he did have a few fish and a few corals, but that's about it... he did have a few interesting items, a red sea sailfin for $55, a chevron (medium size) for $110, a good sized purple tang for $60 and a orange anthias for $30. His prices seemed reasonable, hopefully he'll have lots more stock soon. He said that 1/2 of the holding tanks currently had Ich.... appearantly each side of the wall has it's own filtration. I ended up buying a yellow-eye tang for $30. One thing I liked is that he had prices marked for most of the fish.

Bottom line is that it's still Peter. If you liked Peter's style of business before, you'll like the new place.

I'll probably go back in about a month or two, and see what the holding tank in the center looks like, it's gonna be HUGE, and similar to the stock tanks he already has, large and shallow.
-Josh Murrah
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

When I went there a month ago it looked just like that, slow going I guess. He told me some of his plans, sounds promising but slow going.

Joe
customreefs
Amoeba

Koi Pond

Post by customreefs »

He's building a large Koi Pond in the middle of the shop with a predator ring around it. He plans for this to be the home of a small shark !?!?!? I'm still confused about THIS idea. The store is complete, the floor was left bare on purpose untill he was able to get the Koi Pond done. He has shipments of new fish on its way. The coral in the display tanks are not his full stock, these are still being housed seperate for better growing conditions. The good thing about the set-up is if you call and let him know in advance what you are looking for, he can have it delivered within the week and call you when it arrives. That'll save a trip to the store.

Lee

*** OK, was wrong about the Koi tank and predator ring. Predator ring idea is out - ** wheeeew ** :shock: The big tank in the middle will not be Koi, but a holding tank for the coral bed. ***
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Yeah, when I asked Peter about it, he said it would be similar to the holding/growout tanks he has now. about 3' tall.
-Josh Murrah
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I went to custom reefs today to check out the set up. The building was not quite complete in the inside, but when it is finished I is going to look great. His selection of corals was huge, but they are still in holding tanks in the meat market. I think when he gets all the tanks in the store stocked with corals it will look great. The prices on most of the things that I asked about seamed to be reasonable. All in all when the building is complete it will be a great place.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

The Koi pond sounds awesome. I am not getting back into Koi unless my wife digs the thing.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

:evil:
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

You better watch it snoopdog, it looks like you may be in the dog house after that one.