Petland...As bad as Petco?

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Petland...As bad as Petco?

Post by danielmiller82 »

I went into Petland next to Circuit City today...it was horrible!!!! They had just gotten a big 1/4 cylinder tank setup. The water was still cloudy from the setting it up...but it had LOADS of Fish and Coral in it!!!!!!!! Some of the corals were melting away and some of them were dead already. Snails were upside down on the sand trying to tun over and about 5 of them were dead. Fish were ALL stressed and they WAY too many fish. It was a Sad sad sight. And beside it there was another 1/4 cyl. that looked like someone had dumped a load of red clay into the water...i could see some plants, but if there were any fish in there...they would be dead for sure!!! In that back all of their marine tanks had black goo covering the rock in the bottom of the tank...lots of dead fish and a small 5-7g area with about 10 clowns that said "Look Nemo" on the glass. Needless to say, that I am not going to be buying anything from them anymore..except maybe a tank(they got Ocean View Tanks and I have about 5 more 20% off coupons) I figure that they dont make much off of the tanks when you take off 20%...although im not sure about their mark-up...I guess I may still buy from somewhere else.

It was just deplorable!!!!!
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.