Progressive marine.

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I just stopped by there after work. Its amazing how much they color up after he put them in there. Now if he would just set up a seperate tank for acros and clams I think he would be set.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I can't speak for the rest of us over here but I have a very difficult time getting to do anything recently much less a road trip ot Florida. If Rich keeps getting in nice stuff and keeps reasonable prices I doubt that I will make any great efforts any time real soon either.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Fishfood wrote:The problem is that Aquaworks had to get so many of those Aquacultured corals the last time and there were only so many people in the area interested in them. Of the 24 or so he got I would say he only sold 12 and most of them were to Phil, and 2 to me. The rest ended up dieing in his tank because it isn't a good setup to maintain sps long term and well I doubt he will spend that kind of money again to get as nice of stuff. You folks should have come on over an picked up at least one.

Its a shame he doesn't set up a tank devoted to that stuff becuase he does have the connections. But in the last 3 months i've seen half of all the acros he gets in eventually RTN or STN whatever you want to call it because they are in those tanks. If he doesn't get a seperate system set up I don't see getting too many other great shipments of acros in because of the lack of interest.

I can't believe there is not the demand for the corals... the problem is more likely Tim never got that kind of stuff in the past and the people looking for nice sps were not going there regularly... the only people that see them are the regulars that go in there every week no matter what.

OF course vendors expect to turn live stock around fast, but IMO you should have the ability to properly care for livestock before ordering it, I don't want to be a tree hugger, but packing corals in a tank with poor lighting and improper water quality is the same as pinning up a bunch of puppies in a cage without water on a hot summer day at the flea market.

That is a general statement and not meant to accuse anyone of anything.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

and we got off topic for a thread on a particular vendor..... :P
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

w00t, I was impressed with the new place... now if I only had the $$ for the XL sized rabbitfish!! I picked up a small redsea sailfin btw :)
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

how much for the sailfin? I'd like to get one and aquaworks has one right now. I'm not sure if i should though with only having a 135.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

$45, for a smallish one. He had 3-4 left, and a regular sailfin (for cheaper I assume)
-Josh Murrah
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Billy and I went tonight, Very impressive Rich! Prices were so good on tri colors, we picked up 2 :D Will post tomarrow some pics.
Karen
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Here's one of the ones that I got:
Attachments
echinoedit.jpg
echinoedit.jpg (72.07 KiB) Viewed 7801 times
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fragum
Amoeba

Re: Progressive marine.

Post by Fragum »

Snakeman wrote:A few of us went by Rich's place last night and got a bunch of stuff. While we were their he said that he had a tank that he wanted to get rid of and asked if anybody was looking for one. Here is what he told me "The tank is 120 gallons 48" x 24" x 24" brand new. Tank sells for$350.00 I am asking $255.00 and it also has 3 holes drilled in bottom with the bulkheads." So if anybody is interested give him a call or email. He also has a few baby clams that are pretty cool, Brandon picked up a couple of those.
I thought i would ask, i know its almost a year old but is this still available?
It is exactlly what a friend of mine wants.

Also, it sounds like this place, progressive, would be worth the trip from Fl,
no??
megelBeagle
Amoeba

Re: Progressive marine.

Post by megelBeagle »

Fragum wrote: Also, it sounds like this place, progressive, would be worth the trip from Fl,
no??
Yes, it's very much worth the trip.
-miguel
75 gallon reef
30L refuge
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah Progressive has my vote, plus the drive is alot shorter than Florida, another plus for us Mobilians.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate