Progressive marine.

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

Snakeman
Astrea snail

Progressive marine.

Post by Snakeman »

A few of us went by Rich's place last night and got a bunch of stuff. While we were their he said that he had a tank that he wanted to get rid of and asked if anybody was looking for one. Here is what he told me "The tank is 120 gallons 48" x 24" x 24" brand new. Tank sells for$350.00 I am asking $255.00 and it also has 3 holes drilled in bottom with the bulkheads." So if anybody is interested give him a call or email. He also has a few baby clams that are pretty cool, Brandon picked up a couple of those.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

How big is a baby clam? 2"? Any of them blue?
Wind me up!
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

the two we got are brown - one looks like it might be a tear drop - both are Maxima's, they're so damn cute.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

oh and they look to be about 1.5"
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

can't tell color, baby maxima's around 1", poor survivability at that size. Prob has 1 left
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

How much light(watts per gallon) is recommended for clams?
cnovak
Amoeba

Post by cnovak »

i was there this evening, he still has one little one maybe an 1" real cute but must be a pain in the butt to spot feed everyday even though Rich says he just put it in and doesn't mess with it.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I'm trying the bowl feeding method. It only takes a minute. They're active little fellows, great light reaction and good byssal gland, so hopefully that's a good sign.

There is no Watt/gal formula that I know of , it all depends on the type of clam and the height of the tank for light. I think in general the brown species (Squamosa, Derasa) tend to do better under lower light conditions, and the blue/green ones (Maxima's, Croceas) require more light, but it's all relative.. From what I read clams still gain the majority (60-80%) of of their energy via photosynthesis when they start getting larger, so need a decent amount of light.
Last edited by Brandon on Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Some will say clams should be under MH. Others say you can get by with power compacts....I do not suggest any less....They will slowly starve to death from lack of light.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I went by Rich's last night and he still has that 120gal tank for sale.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Sounds like a good deal on that size tank!
-Josh Murrah
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

He also said that he is going to set up a 750gal tank when he gets his store going. That will be nice to look at.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Where's the store going to be? We need to get Rich to come to a meeting!

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Is Rich still pursuing the lot at Grelot and Leroy Stevens?
-Josh Murrah
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I think it's going to be somewhere out in west mobile. I wish it was going to be closer to baldwin co. It takes me over an hour to get to his house. I would love to be able to stop by more often but that is just a long drive to just drop in to check stuff out.