Progressive marine.

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

i have gone by the new place a couple times now and have picked up a few nice things every time i have gone. i went today and he was unpacking fish and he said that tomorrow he will be getting in some corals. but i did pick up a frogspawn and a hammer. and last saturday i picked up a a humuhumu trigger for $25. Image
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

I was in there a few days ago and had to grab a piece of that frogspawn myself! I have been very impressed with his shop so far.
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

by the way, beautiful trigger!
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Went to Progressive Marine tonightand Rich got a shipment in today

i had a hard time deciding what NOT to buy. He got in dozens of nice frag/nano acro and monti's. Some zo's and lps stuff... wow.

I will take pics tomorrow of what I got, but till them I got a nice colorfull tri color , a glowing green acro, a pink encrusting monti and an orange fungia....... might go back and get this sweet red and green favia he has ......and this yellow leather...........and..........

:P
Last edited by SaltnLime on Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

SaltnLime wrote:I will take picks tomorrow of what I got, but till them I got a nice colorfull tri color , a glowing green acro, a pink encrusting monti and an orange fungia....... might go back and get this sweet red and green favia he has ......and this yellow leather...........and..........

:P
...and the red Blastos and the neon green polyped acro and the stylophora. he really has a lot of nice stuff. The really cool thing is that he still has a lot of room for more.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

:P[/quote]

...and the red Blastos and the neon green polyped acro and the stylophora. he really has a lot of nice stuff. The really cool thing is that he still has a lot of room for more.[/quote]

*cough* ichtnay on the astoblay :P thinking about that pink stylo too........ see ya there tomorrow. :P
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

When you drive up I'll be loading my stuff :P . I'll say hi to you as I drive off though.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

OK no ogginghay of the oralscay by the Mobile folks. Save some for us.

Phil
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

You guys over in P'cola had it made for a while. Give us poor shmucks in Mobile a chance to catch up :lol: .
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Scott wrote:You guys over in P'cola had it made for a while. Give us poor shmucks in Mobile a chance to catch up :lol: .

HEAR, HEAR !!! :P
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Scott wrote:When you drive up I'll be loading my stuff :P . I'll say hi to you as I drive off though.
yeah I got two fed ex coral shipments coming in tommorow.... so I will be aclimating :)
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

SaltnLime wrote: yeah I got two fed ex coral shipments coming in tommorow.... so I will be aclimating :)
You are going to need that 180 if you keep up that pace :D
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

So, Where are the pictures, where did they come from and how long before they can be fragged?

Phil
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

The problem is that Aquaworks had to get so many of those Aquacultured corals the last time and there were only so many people in the area interested in them. Of the 24 or so he got I would say he only sold 12 and most of them were to Phil, and 2 to me. The rest ended up dieing in his tank because it isn't a good setup to maintain sps long term and well I doubt he will spend that kind of money again to get as nice of stuff. You folks should have come on over an picked up at least one.

Its a shame he doesn't set up a tank devoted to that stuff becuase he does have the connections. But in the last 3 months i've seen half of all the acros he gets in eventually RTN or STN whatever you want to call it because they are in those tanks. If he doesn't get a seperate system set up I don't see getting too many other great shipments of acros in because of the lack of interest.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Tim is now putting the acros in the display tank to maintain color and health. Several of the last shipment were placed in that tank and colored back up. I bought two more last night.

I think he has seen the light.

Phil