Petland is getting worse. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Petland is getting worse. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by danielmiller82 »

Ok I went into Petland today...

Its really sad.

The saltwater tanks are now filled with, what looks like beach sand. It is totally silicate based. Looks HORRID!!!

Looks like EVERYTHING they have is local. They have a bunch of Sergeant Major damsels, some brownish blennies and some kinda goby. some other fish that look like some of the stuff i catch at Ft. Pickens, some big sea slugs of some sort and hundreds of 1/2"-3/4" filefish. I think they may have a clown fish in there somewhere and a domino damsel. We should go in there and teach them a lesson. For about a month they had a sign up saying SW fish weren't for sale cause they didnt have the license to sell them. and now all they seem to have is stuff caught out in p'cola bay. The setup this huge 1/4 cyl. corner tank... had a couple $1000 of fish/corals in there. Almost all of the fish they put in there are gone now and most of the corals are DEAD. This tank popped up within 2 days... and was FULLY (over)stocked. It was REALLY sad to see fish go through this!! That place is EVIL!!! The only reason I go in there is cause I have these 20% off coupons for anything non-living. one a month until Nov. I figure I can buy stuff from them at 20% off so they can lose the extra profit from someone else buying it at full price. Mostly all I buy there are lights... which are somewhat cheap there and really cheap with 20% off. They have two fish "EXPERTS" neither of which seems to know ANYTHING ABOUT SW TANKS!!!!!!!! Im not expert.... but i know when things are being done WRONG!!!!!! Oh by the way.... they have a tank full of "liverock"... which actually is a tank full of barnacles. I would HATE to see people going there to get a real setup... learning wrong info and killing everything and giving up this wonderful hobby.

Someone should do SOMETHING about this ASAP!!!
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

please post in Vendor Recomendations
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

That's the place that had the sick looking little doctor fish. They didn't even get it's name right. They wanted $19 for him. I asked them who they were buying all of this local stuff from and they said that they order everthing and that they don't take stuff from the wild because it might have a disease. Yeah right. I told them that I would be worried about getting a disease for a pet store that from the ocean. They are just full of S**t. I don't care if they want to sell local stuff but they shouldn't Lie about it. I feel sorry for the person that buys a couple of pounds of live barnacles and put them in there tank. They are going to have a stinking mess when all those thing die.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Yeah, the guy said they didn't have any wild caught stuff in their store. Where the hell is the barnacle and surgeon fish breeding facility? Nasty store :oops:
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

I wish that there is something that could be done about them. Its just really wrong how they are making the SW hobby something that it isnt. I just hate it for anyone who goes there and tries to set up a tank.
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

daniel whats the deal with the 20% off need more info in this

thanks

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!