Reefer's Aquatics

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

Reefer's Aquatics

Post by SaltnLime »

Would have to recommend Reefer's Aquatics @ http://www.reefersaquatics.com

John was very helpfull and spent as much time as we needed answering questions. He buys and sells frags which is always a plus and has some really sweet display tanks. I have only had one visit/experience with this vendor, but enough for me to toss a recommendation out there.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yeah its a cool place....need to stop by and see jon
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

What are the frag prices like?
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

On our last trip to Reefer's Aquatics, John said he was going to add our club forum site to his webpage. He also once again opened invitations for a "field trip" visit perhaps on a large stock day. I think it would be worth it just to let everyone see thier display tanks and setup.

Scott- Frag prices vary, but as reasonable as I have seen. acro and monti frags for $10-25... John was good enough to do some on site fragging for some softies the few times I went, so I kinda chose my price based on frag size.... Not many stores will do that. Heck we even bought one coral out of a display tank! I'm not saying thats the norm, but you get the picture.

The thing that sets this store apart is thier willingness to accomodate the hobbiest. I think John spent about an hour digging around finding us some "were almost outta money, but need a sliver" frags.

We visited all the stores in the area there and IMO they deserve your $$ if they have what you need. Check store hours before you go....they do scheduled tank maintenance and close the shop accordingly. I hope in return for his good customer service we can point some retail and maintenance business his way. I know I will be telling my clients.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Did you notice any used equipment? I saw on his website that they have a used equipment page, but there is nothing on it.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

There never is, i have seen one thing under used before.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

When you go to the store ask about used equipment. They usually have a list of what they have and keep most of it in there warehouse down the road.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

once again a great trip...good service...nice frags. :D
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i prolly will be heading back there this tuesday comming up...anyonw wanna go?
neil_franklin
Amoeba

What's going on?!

Post by neil_franklin »

Is this place still open? I just tried the link and it wouldn't come up. I would really like to see a store like this. It would even be worth the trip from Ocean Springs, MS.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Don't know...the last 2 times I went I was dissapointed so I have not been back. Perhaps my expectations are too high for businesses.

One time in fairness to the owner his son was sick...but the other time we just got his tank mainteneacne guy who quoted unrealistically high prices and would not frag stuff as we have come to know them to do. I came over specifically for one coral and called before I came and still they would not.... I may go back there, but no special trips anymore.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

they moved, they are no longer there. theyre at 500 gov. street