Fat Fish

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Sorry for the lengthy post... the wife is trying to get me to clean the garage... soze I was hiding out for a while :D
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Dys
Amoeba

prices

Post by Dys »

I understand where you are coming from... prices IMO in most the stores are high on certain things... like I saw one place selling Tech CB-A & Tech CB-B 128oz bottles for $32 each (insane).... online they go for $15-20...

I do think $250 for a Nautilus TE skimmer is quite high, I would probably price them around $190 depending on how quickly they move. If one sits on a shelf for 2 months then it isnt even worth me having in stock to hold up $150 in capital to be used in stocking something else... special fish, corals, or quick moving products..

I can afford to play with prices and negotiate to an extent as my overhead is much lower then most others.

I invite everyone to come take a look get a real look at things in person, see prices that are here and see whats in stock. All the tanks seem to be pretty happy, coral tanks sg is 1.024 PH 8.2-3, fish tanks are 1.022 and 8.2-3. Fish are all moving well, corals are all open and flowing.

Thanks
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

pm me with the price of that little naso if you get the time :)
Dys
Amoeba

Open times

Post by Dys »

One thing I didnt put up was our days and hours of operation.

Mon-Saturday 10am-6pm
Sunday 12pm-4pm
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

SaltnLime wrote:pm me with the price of that little naso if you get the time :)

Tooooooo Late ...Mwahahaha! :twisted:

Just kidding, he is cute though... Holding out for a Sohal
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Was nice to meet you Dys...

Went by there today. I think Dys is off to a great start, had more in stock than I figured he would, didn't see any of the rare, lying on the bottom swimming upside down fish that b&b stocks :) Dys is a nice guy, and I feel he's pretty darned honest.

Hey that mystery fish is a lined or striped cardinal.. can't remember which... I knew I remembered seeing that fish before somewhere, well I figured it out, it was this video: for some odd reason this cardinal (mr. billy badass) has sorta paired up with a mantis.
Wonder if he would co-exist with my mantis?...hrm

Anyways, the video is kinda big, I suggest you right click and "save as", but it is neat.
http://www.haveparrotwilltravel.com/aqua/tagteam.mpeg
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I also went over there today and I have to say that the store has potential. I didn't have much time to stay and talk but it was nice meeting Dys. He did have some Zoanthids that looked blueish although they were not fully open when I was there.

Dys, what kind or corals and equipment are you planning on stocking?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Scott wrote:I also went over there today and I have to say that the store has potential. I didn't have much time to stay and talk but it was nice meeting Dys. He did have some Zoanthids that looked blueish although they were not fully open when I was there.

I agree. I went back today and things looked pretty good. I picked up a nice little naso tang.... and was tempted to grab a few more fish!

Scott, I saw those little zo's and ALMOST got them. They look pretty good under just those 2 t5's... makes me wonder :P
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

ohh yeah, he had a nice large uni tang! The price on this guy was very, very good. Tempted........ but did not want competition for the naso.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

You all just have to tease me over the zoas. I guess you all know where I will be tomarrow. Look forward to meeting you Dys.
Karen
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Sounds like a nice setup over there I will have to get over there this week.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Jahdiel wrote:You all just have to tease me over the zoas. I guess you all know where I will be tomarrow. Look forward to meeting you Dys.

"Iiiiiiiiiiit's a rrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaace, Iiiiiiiiiiiiiit's a rrraaaaaaaaace!"

(in my best Mr Bean voice)
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

May the best wo-man win :wink:
Karen
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

sps?
Dys
Amoeba

Post by Dys »

Scott wrote:I also went over there today and I have to say that the store has potential. I didn't have much time to stay and talk but it was nice meeting Dys. He did have some Zoanthids that looked blueish although they were not fully open when I was there.

Scott...
As far as corals, I would like to be able to carry a mix of sps/lps and occasionally bring in some rare/hard to find. Obviously I wont on a regular bassis carry a $200-$300 coral as the risk in brining it in and the risk of it sitting in my tank for long period of time wont justify it. If I find they will move decently quick and I find a GOOD rare coral dealer, then I can work on that.

As for hardware, I am gonna move more on the T5's in lighting and will carry small amounts of Halides... I dont believe in $600+ name brands but more on the retrofits. T5's are nice and small and put out much less heat than any other bulb I have seen, as you saw today are quite compact and only warm to the hand and bright.

Specialty item reactors, skimmers etc... I probably wont carry much of unless I see a strong calling for it, but with the wide variety and even many many DIY instructions for reactors, fluidized bed filters, I would recommend one of those or I would order one in and basically sell at a very small markup to the person wanting it.

I will be listening and willing to work with our customers. Like I say, let me know certain items that are purchased on a regular basis, if I dont carry it now, I will try and keep at least 1 on the shelf at any given time.

Chris