reef encrustation located in Destin, FL

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

UnderWaterWorld
Amoeba

reef encrustation located in Destin, FL

Post by UnderWaterWorld »

I am interested in knowing if Reef Encrustation is still open in Destin Florida? The people there were really nice and they would give you great deals once in a while. Let me know the contact information if anyone knows.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I am not sure if they are still open but Nepthea lives in Destin and he always drove to Pensacola to shop. He told me that he wasn't impressed with the stores around him but that was more than a year ago.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Phildirt
Amoeba

Post by Phildirt »

I have never heard of them. There isn't much in this area, most salt is usually fish, inverts and some soft coral. Where was it located at?
As of now there is in Ft Walton Rita’s Pets (not good), Animal Kingdom (don’t waste your time), Petland (better but new to salt), Fish Biz (Not bad and they know some of what their talking about -ok selection) In Niceville there is a fish store that just moved to John Sims Parkway, they were on Hwy 85 in Niceville (not sure of the name), but are located next to the Exxon station across from Ruby Tuesdays. They are about the same if not better then Fish Biz, their selection in coral was better, but I haven’t been there since they moved in late Apr. Then there is a shop in Navarre that is nice, Emerald Coast Fish & Reptile, better than the above.
I can’t recall if any of the above carried many if any SPS corals.
Fragum
Amoeba

Re: reef encrustation located in Destin, FL

Post by Fragum »

UnderWaterWorld wrote:I am interested in knowing if Reef Encrustation is still open in Destin Florida? The people there were really nice and they would give you great deals once in a while. Let me know the contact information if anyone knows.
That is long gone, Even the building, strip mall that it was is gone. Probably 4 years or more