Pensacola stores.

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Pensacola stores.

Post by Scott »

Just a few things from Pensacola:
Aqua Works has IO for $12 a bag or around $48 for a 200 gallon bucket. They also have lots of wild acro colonies for between $35 and $75 each. They have a good price on most of their corals (from what Drew has bought from them).

Reef Scapes has gold maximas for $20, other maximas for $28 and ultas for $40. they tand to be small (2 inches) though.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Did you take a trip Sunday or something ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I talked to Drew (Fishfood) today. He bought a maze brain for $25. He told me about the salt and thought that someone might want to save some money down the road. The price on the salt is their regular price too, not a sale price.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I liked it when I could get the IO buckets for $30
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

sounds good, prolly make a trip there this week, thanks for the feedback
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Awesome price on salt; Kevin, can you move this to the 'vendor' area?
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Yea we have 4 stores over here that might interest you. I took Brandon to two of them this past weekend when he came to get my bi color blenny. I can give you all a heads up on them.

1. Waterworld. Good place for everyone to meet up with me if they want to know the area. Thats about all. I think their prices are too expensive and have only ever bought 2 frags from them and a fish that i had to have. White Rayed prawn goby. Probably spent too much on it but fell in love when i saw it.

2. Reefers. Ahhh, used to like them, them my girlfriend got a job their and they moved stores and rearrainged ownership. Prices went sky high. They used to have tons of frags but have since done away with most of them. Fish selections typically doesn't look to well, althougth i have been there in months.

3. Aquaworks - Great price on salt, You can find some good deals on most coral except acros - all they get for acros are wild colonies that no one buys and they turn brown. They are running 400w bulbs over them also. All in all its a little store with limited selection sometimes but you can find that killer deal on coral every once and a while. One of the owners can get on your nerves also. Brandon knows what i'm talking about.

4. Reefscapes - this place has been the best place for me to trade frags and help order stuff in recent months. Used to get better deals when my girlfriend worked at reefers but things change. They do not have proper lighting over their coral tank IMO. You need to get stuff early when they order. They get stuff in every tuesday and are open wed-sat. The have been getting nice clams like scott mentioned. The rest of their coral has never really impressed me. Too expensive for what it looks like. They do have the best price on fish that i have seen in this area. From what i can tell they are the only place that keeps thier fish in a back room and quarantines them also. I'm not sure for how long but its better then nothing i guess.

Hope that helps you guys. From what i understand you don't have much to chose from over there.

Drew
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Bonus at Aquaworks.. one of the owners is kinda clumsy, you can pick up a lot of the stuff he breaks for a decent price... but he might get on your nerves :)