Mobile area stores

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

Babyreef
Amoeba

Mobile area stores

Post by Babyreef »

I'm new to the area and was wondering what saltwater stores are in the area.. I know of B&B but that is it. I'm trying to find a place with good invert selections.

thank you
rkelley_10
Amoeba

Re: Mobile area stores

Post by rkelley_10 »

Progressive Marine is the quality store around here. Beve and Rich are good guys and full of knowledge. They don't stay on your back trying to show you everything in the store (some people complain about that but I wouldn't have it any other way). Anyhow, they have a good selection of softies, LPS, SPS, fish, and inverts.....some nice red serpent stars in the other day. Surprisingly B&B has had some nice frags in lately. I have gotten at least 3 nice sized ORA frags for a decent price in the last month or so. If you feel like driving you absolutely have to hit up Chris and Joe at Reefer's Paradise in Pensacola. Awesome guys and a great store. They usually have stuff from local reefers, limited edition corals and ORA fish, tons of equipment (with the rate that Chris snaps up all the equipment in the area I would think Seaworld would be jealous by now). Great prices, great service, and some of those little oddities that you will find nowhere else. Also, Aquaria in Pensacola is a nice place. They will order ORA frags for you and usually have a good selection of nice sized fish and a variety of inverts. This is IME, so take it for what it's worth. If you're looking for something in particular I can help you find it in the area, just LMK. Welcome to the wonderful world of reef aquaria (the cocaine of all hobbies).
12g modded JBJ NC, 5.5g DIY all-in-one pico, 90g corner-flow w/ 30g sump
Babyreef
Amoeba

Re: Mobile area stores

Post by Babyreef »

Thank you for the info. I stopped by progressive marine over the weekend hard to find but nice little place. Now I'll have to make a road trip to see the others near by.