Reefer Madness

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

Reefer Madness

Post by Xster »

Reefermadness gets my vote as far as selection is concerned, but prices are kinda on the high-side. Shipping is included except for the $10 box charge. You can not beat the customer service and the selection of corals from Reefer Madness. I have been a customer of them twice, and completely satisfied with the corals. Terry just recently bought some things from them also.

http://www.reefermadness.us
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Yell, I got two fairly nice pieces which I fragged and one frag...all is doing well. The service was good but do get the wallet out....pieces were of nice size..Talked to a real person before I made my purchase and he dropped the price from what was showed online....
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

they are expensive, but i do have to say they have amazing colors and variety
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

When you look at the prices look at the size also...I just purchased a piece from peter Yo for just about that much. These are fairly large pieces. Also you can talk them down on most pieces.
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

I was wondering if they were any good to buy from. Their premiums do cost alot but they do have larger size. But it seems fair compaired to the 1 to 2" frags you get in the LFS for $45 or more.
Thanks for posting xster, i'll prob will use them one day soon :)
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I have used them many times. I usually call and talk to Criss. He will sometimes reduce the price. They stand behind their product and quality has always been good and it is free shipping...do not have to figure out what shipping will cost...I will say I did not like their clean up crews...hard to beat swf.com
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

I called Chris up to see if I could stop by on the way home from work today. He had no problem with it. His warehouse is awesome. The pictures on his site are very nice but does not do justice to his actual stock. Even though he was very busy, he still made time to show me around. Luckily for me, I did not have alot of money. I think weather I had 200 buck or 2000 bucks, I was gonna walk away broke. I give him 2 thumbs up for sure.

Just a little salt to our wounds, the road his warehouse is on (maybe 1/2 mile long) has minimum on 7-8 other warehouses specializing in saltwater fish and corals (I think most are wholesalers).

Jeremy
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Man, you are one lucky dude, to get a tour. Congrats! Dude, what did you get????
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

I ended up getting a decent size (bout 5") blue acro. I can not remember the actual scientific name. He referred to it as some sort of slimer. I also got a nice green acro with peach tips. It is also about 5". I fly out tomorrow so....I still had to have it shipped. Kindof nice to "hand pick" monte's "hand picked".

BTW, he mentioned you and Terry by name. Talked highly of each of you.

Jeremy
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Must be nice! Be sure to post pics after you get back. :)
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

The blue slimers are like the newest acro that everyone wants. Good score. I can't wait to see pics.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

He actually had 2 of them there. 1 was a deep deep blue. 1 was a bit lighter. I got the lighter 1 in hopes it will turn out like the other. They should be here Tuesday. I will post a pic then.

Jeremy
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Do you guys think the "blue slimer" will grow like the "green slimer"? If it will, then we need to get some frags moving!
Wind me up!
LoneStar
Amoeba

Post by LoneStar »

According to Chris at RM, he says that the green slimer (as we know it) is not the same genus as the blue slimer so I do not know if it is easy to compare the growth. However, once this thing begins to grow, I will happily frag off a few pieces.

Jeremy
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Its better to frag to members, as slow as my stuff grows i do not mind. I can give a frag to Alan or Scott and theres will double in size in months where mine will not grow much.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate