Which Puffer

What is that and where did it come from?

Moderator: snoopdog

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Which Puffer

Post by Jahdiel »

Can anyone tell me what kind of puffer this is. It is a silver with black streaks. Thanks.
Attachments
12.jpg
12.jpg (41.3 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
Karen
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Where did you get it? If it was caught locally I can look it up in my book.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Friends of my son's works on a local shrinp boat. He brought in all kinds of oddball fish. Needless to say just about all went back. More puffers, robbin, oyster fish, ect.
Karen
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

That puffer is not in my book. I believe it is going to be a brackish varity. Maybe a marbled puffer. Did they catch it in the bay? People use to eat them around florida until they started to get sick. There is a ban on keeping them to eat in florida now.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Found it. It is called a smooth puffer (Lagocephalus laevigatus) Here is a good site on puffers. http://chunkypuff.net/speciesinfo.php?c ... laevigatus Anyone wanting this puffer, please let me know. My skin is very sensitive to toxins, so this puffer is not the one for me. It is aggresive to anything smaller than him, 3" or less.
Karen
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Thanks for checking Jason
Karen