Spaghetti worm ?

What is that and where did it come from?

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Spaghetti worm ?

Post by snoopdog »

Just saw this on the web, guy said it was a spaghetti worm not buried in the sand. I have some of the striped arms like that under some of my mushrooms, wonder if that is what they really look like.
Attachments
unknown worm.jpg
unknown worm.jpg (59.62 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i dunno,. the tank at work has em all over the place...wonder if theyre bad or good.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

The the ones you saw have little tan stripes across the legs vertically? Kinda looked like a baby serpent star but you never could see a disc ? I think they are cool and harmless from what I have seen.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Is this a spaghetti worm? I know it is not the easiest thing to see, it isn't with my eyes either.. they are so thin.

I have lots of these that live in the holes in the rocks, the tentacles are white or pinkish, and are very long.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yes it is, also classified as a "parchment" worm too if I remember right. They will take the sand and make tubes out of it for protection. Everyone has thousands of these little guys. They can also eats some quite large things.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

This is definitely a strange fellow, one showed up in my 20 gallon from a piece of rock as a hitchhiker, hundreds of multi-colored tentacles. I cannot see the body but the arms are everywhere when i feed.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

We have these guys in our tank too.
-Josh Murrah