bryopsis algae

What is that and where did it come from?

Moderator: snoopdog

Kresnahw22
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

bryopsis algae

Post by Kresnahw22 »

has anyone on here faced this problem, ive hasd it growing in my tank about a month now. all my water parameters are in check and nothing is out of wack. i've been reading up on the magnesium trick up to 1,600 p.p.m. would yall recremened me doing it.
Attachments
mail1.jpg
mail1.jpg (9.18 KiB) Viewed 6466 times
mail.jpg
mail.jpg (7.71 KiB) Viewed 6466 times
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Re: bryopsis algae

Post by Kresnahw22 »

I do not need to do the magnesium trick. I've spent the best 3 $ cure. My two male freshwater dalmation mollies its been two days and they have cleared a rock to tiny pieces of it. So id recremened acclimating them and give them a try. Pics l8r when I get a chancekl.
Babyreef
Amoeba

Post by Babyreef »

Very nice! The magnesium trick worked for me for sure. I used the Kent brand, stuff died off withing days and have yet to see it return. 10months now.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

I was gonna do that trick.... but I happened to stummble under the molly trick and since they are inexspensive I was like what the heck. I acclimated them for like 14 hours then placed in my reef tank. I happen to be looking around at it and they've cleared a rock ab 60%. The rock they cleared is the first picture I have witnessed them activly eating and ripping it off. My bicolor blenny then picks where they have so I hope it'll be gone in a few days to a week.
Babyreef
Amoeba

Post by Babyreef »

Always good news to hear of a fish that consumes algae and can be kept in smaller tanks.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

It allows the people with nanos who can't keep the tangs cause of size to help fight this nuiscense algae.
Babyreef
Amoeba

Post by Babyreef »

I miss having the bigger reef tank, I was able to keep a few utility fish in it unlike my biocube.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

What made you downsize? I'm thinking of upgrading my 20 gallon reef to a 55 gallon. That's the only problem you face with the smaller aqauriums less fish and certain specieces
Babyreef
Amoeba

Post by Babyreef »

I moved from another state to an apartment here. The tank setup just would not have fit and im not too sure the floor would have safely held it. now just a 29 bio cube. Kept some equipment from the old tank to run the cube, wish i would have brought more of it down though.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

maybe in the future you can upgrade again.
Babyreef
Amoeba

Post by Babyreef »

Definitely what i was thinking. I was wondering if you had a picture of the mollie? I guess i could just google it though, lol
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

I've been using my phone for the post so untill I get to a computer it won't upload any pics. But its black white spoted ones with the sailfin I got these from bay minette walmart for 3$ total on both males.