I hate to do it.

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

I hate to do it.

Post by Fishfood »

I guess i have a 26 gal bowfront tank stand/hood for sale. The hood needs some work as well as the stand. They are only 5 months old but i built them myself for the bowfront which was a crazy job. They are fairly nice though. I wanted to keep it and set it up again but I have come into financial problems. Girlfriends ditched me and is leaving and I have to pick up all the rent and stuff until i find a roommate :x I may eventualy have to sell my 55 also :cry: (I bought the 55 for her so maybe its not a bad thing. I'll buy a bigger tank down the road for a fish only system if i sell the 55) I don't know what I want to charge yet but just wanted to see if anyone was interested. I also have a stand for a standard 55 gal tank. All it is is the frame though.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I'd be interested in the 26. I could probably work on the hood some.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

yeah, you got any pics of the 26 gallon. Possibly looking for a tank for the office.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I'm still interested in selling it. Things have just been hectic for me the past two week. I need to come up with a price and can probably get pics up for you. I still need to clean it out also. The stand and hood were made out of pine and stained in a walnut color. I had to get that composite wood/plastic trim to bend around the top and bottom of the stand to finish it off and it didn't stain the same color as the pine. I put a vent in the top of the hood because i had a 250 mh in there and was gonig to drill for fans but never did. The inside of the hood is white, its that white spraypaint that is heat resistant. The door on the hood is bent out of shape but could be fixed I guess. The only other problem is that the spacing between the pine 1x3's allows light to shine through. In order to fit the 24in bulbs in i had to chisle out room for the end caps. All in all it was my first attempt at building a stand without the proper tools and it was for a bowfront tank. I'll try to take some pictures tonight after work. I'm still trying to figure out how much it is worth. I spent a bit of time on it(stand/hood) but they do not look "Great".