invert orders?

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

invert orders?

Post by ShagMan »

Mike/Kevin,

Where was that place you guys ended up looking at for invert stuff, they had the best deals, and all?

Would anyone want to split an order of 150 inverts? $125 total w/ shipping, so just over $60 for 75 critters if split two ways.

Read here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2321719561
-Josh Murrah
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i aiint buying nothing alive off of e-bay, count me out, also the site was www.saltwaterfish.com
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

http://www.reeftopia.com/Reeftopiaspecials.html seems to have some pretty good prices that includes shipping. People speak highly of them on reefcentral.com.
This is where I have been leaning towards, because of the prices. They also have fighting conches, would be nice to throw a few of these in there w/out paying for extra shipping.

You didn't want crabs did you? Only snails?
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

reeftopia, like most places, wants you to buy a package with a TON of blue-legs. No thanks. Anyone else want to split an order? Mike, you're super-paranoid as usual hehehe, seriously though, the seller on eBay has 99.8% positive feedback, so no worries, and the shipments are overnighted from the Orlando area straight to my place of work.
-Josh Murrah
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i dunno....kevin ssid he had a bad experience
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I've ordered from SWF.com in the past. Everything was great when i got it. Now their prices are higher but you have the liberty of picking what you want and still get the free shipping. Thats the first message board i was a member at and the one I like the most also.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Welp, I made an order; FYI, the eBay link I posted was being ran by http://www.sevenseasonline.com/ ... I went to the website, and their prices were EVEN CHEAPER than the price shown on eBay. I ordered the largest critter pack, which included...

24 BLUE LEG HERMITS
24 RED LEG REEF HERMIT
24 ZEBRA HERMITS
24 TURBO SNAILS (ASTREA)
24 CERITH SNAILS
24 MARGARITA SNAILS
4 EMERALD CRABS
3 PEPPERMINT SHRIMP
2 BRITTLE STARS

It was $149.99, with shipping/box/etc. included in the price, and should be here tomorrow. He said he kept prices down by dealing direct-to-diver in two location: Keys, FL and SoCal, in the Sea of Cortez (baha area)

Question: After I gave him my address, he said "wow, 2nd order to Mobile today", and he said it was somebody named "Cindy". Would you guys happen to know who this other person might be?
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

If the vendor on Ebay has about a 98 percent satisfactory with around 250 or above feedbacks it as good as gold. Always trust that people will leave negative feedback on Ebay, so if he looks good he can be trusted.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I wasn't able to get any pictures, however, here's what I got:

at 10am this morning, FedEx dropped my shipment off... it was in a nice small (8x8x12?) white box, that had never been used before, for shipping, from the shape of the box. Inside was a fitted stryfoam box w/ cover... inside this, where were 12 baggies... one baggie for each kind of snail, on baggie for each kind of hermit (that's 6 so far), a baggie for each of the serpent stars (the grey/brown kind)(2 of them, 8 bags so far) and a bag for each of the four shrimp (I substituted a cleaner instead of the emeralds)... all nice and tidy, adn everything looked nice and healthy. I'm acclimating everything this afternoon/evening (actually Deanna is), and I'll post updates later. Looks like a good deal!
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Tell those critters to get to work !!
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate