propogation of ricordia

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

flricordia
Amoeba

propogation of ricordia

Post by flricordia »

I have begun propogation of ricordia and would like to offer these if anyone is interested. I am planning on a long-term propogation so if you ever need any LMK. They are 1/2" for $10 each. PU prefered. I can meet you soemwhere in Pensacola if you don't want to come to Milton. I am just getting started so not really making enough to justify driving any further though. Hopefully in the near future.

sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Sweet! Great pics! Sent pm.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: propogation of ricordia

Post by snoopdog »

flricordia wrote:
Wow is that yours ? Those are ones you raised yourself ??
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
flricordia
Amoeba

Re: propogation of ricordia

Post by flricordia »

snoopdog wrote:

Wow is that yours ? Those are ones you raised yourself ??
Yes, I have been pretty much dedicated to ricordias for some time. I am setting up a 150gl just for raising them and trying out a few color morph tricks.
kirk_m
Amoeba

Post by kirk_m »

Can you elaborate on the color morphing tricks?

Thanks,

Kirk
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

kirk_m wrote:Can you elaborate on the color morphing tricks?

Thanks,

Kirk
Hasn't worked fully yet. When and if it does I will elaborate further. Right now I would feel a fool explaining untill I actually get one to work. Then I couldn't be depicted as a nut-case.
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

Anyone is welcome to come out to the house this weekend and pick up some ricordia and zoanthids
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

what lighting are you keeping them under? In my current and last setup I could not get any ricordia to thrive. Most of them would wither away over time. I had much better luck with Yumas vs the florida ricordia. Right now I just have a mixture of T5 and VHO and before that I had dual 250 DE's with some T5. I have no idea why none of them do well in my tank.
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

Fishfood wrote:what lighting are you keeping them under? In my current and last setup I could not get any ricordia to thrive. Most of them would wither away over time. I had much better luck with Yumas vs the florida ricordia. Right now I just have a mixture of T5 and VHO and before that I had dual 250 DE's with some T5. I have no idea why none of them do well in my tank.
I have them under MH and T5, but have kept them under PC and under Flourescent and just Mh and just T5 so don't really think that is the problem. I am sure your calcium level is good and ph, especially if you are keeping yumas. Mayeb your Iodine level is too low to keep them. That's all I can think of. I have really never lost a florida ricordia so don't know what to really tell you other than the iodine.
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

I also have a dual PFO 400wt ballast with brand new capacitors from PFO and 2 plug-in spider reflectors if anyone is interested they could pick it up for $250. Have 2 hamilton 14k bulbs tp go along, though they are over a year old, still very bright.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

what all do you have for zoanthids?
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

PM sent
flricordia
Amoeba

Post by flricordia »

Fishfood wrote:what all do you have for zoanthids?
Just some odds and ends. Don't really know names as they vary from person and site but most all are considered hot colors. Pretty much for picking by anyone coming out for ricordeas.
Here is an update pic of the ricordias

woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

pm me your phone # and i may stop by sunday if thats ok

dirk
firefighterka
Amoeba

Ricordia

Post by firefighterka »

PM sent.