WTB Blue Velvet Nudibranch

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brian
Amoeba

WTB Blue Velvet Nudibranch

Post by Brian »

If anyone has a Blue Velvet Nudibranch they are finished with or if you know of a shop currently selling one let me know.
Babyreef
Amoeba

Re: WTB Blue Velvet Nudibranch

Post by Babyreef »

I would check with these guys from time to time they usually have them in. I picked one up from them a while back. Easy company to deal with.
http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productD ... 211&cid=83
Brian
Amoeba

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the info, I wanted to order some stuff from them anyway so I will check them out.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I'm curious why you would want one of these. Seems that they only eat flatworms. If you have a flatworm problem have you tried flatworm exit and or a wrasse.
Brian
Amoeba

Post by Brian »

I need it for a flatworm problem. I am not going the Flatworm Exit route, I have added a six-line wrasse with no luck. I am going to add a few peppermint shrimp and a gold headed sleaper goby and see if either of them take a liking to them.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

any reason for not wanting to use flatworm exit. I've used it a few times in the past without any problems. I haven't had any flatworm problems in my currents setup fortionatly but have some flatworm exit on hand just in case. I see a few small ones here and there but not those big suckers.
Brian
Amoeba

Post by Brian »

The tank is loaded with them. I have used airline tubing to suck out as many as possibe but it was a never ending situation. Each time I would try to suck them off the mushrooms or the polyps they would just close up and I couldn't get to the flatworms. It is a 210 display with 50 sump. I just really want to try some other methods before dumping that much chemical in the tank, changing that much water, and running that much carbon. I really don't want to go the blue nudi direction either because it will end up dying in the end. That is why I am trying the other fish first. I just figured I would see if anyone has one they are finished with and I would just buy it from them.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I understand. I put some stuff in my tank years back for cyano and lost 75% of my stuff. I don't like to put a lot of things in the water. I have however had decent luck with the flatworm exit and would probably use it again if I had to. Thats a large tank to have to treat for anything. I wonder if a yellow coris wrasse would do a better job, or a melanurus wrasse http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productd ... 90&pid=977would work. Thats kind of a big tank for 1 wrasse to take care of.
Brian
Amoeba

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the info. I will order the melanurus wrasses when I palce my order. Even if it doesn't eat them, it is a pretty addition to my tank. :) I may even get the yellow with it. Just don't know how many items I want to order at this time.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I may be interested in getting in on an order if you go with bluezoaquatics if you are trying to get to the free shipping price. It was $99 this past weekend, but is normally $140 I think.
Brian
Amoeba

Post by Brian »

Yeah I plan on making an order. Just PM me with what you were thinking to get and we will see if we can get enough together for the free shipping.