RO container

Break out the ducktape !

Moderator: snoopdog

megelBeagle
Amoeba

RO container

Post by megelBeagle »

Any suggestions for a container that would hold water from an RO unit? A buddy said I could use his if I could out some good use to it. I just don't know what the RO unit will dump into.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

We use 30 gal trash cans w/lids. And also 7 gal travel containers. You just connect a shutoff valve to your watter supply.
Karen
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Really any plastic container... a lot of us here in Mobile use old soft drink company containers, like 30 and 55 gallon plastic barrels... you can ask around, I know that there's a guy at the Mobile fleamarket that sells them pretty regularly. Maybe somebody else who has these can chime in.... PERSONALLY, I had bought about 30 1 gallon water jugs for an emergency... and now I just keep those topped off. A barrel would make more sense though really.
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

The guy at the Schillinger's flea market sells the 55 gallon barrels for $10/ea, and some cool 35 gallon ones for $15/ea. Also sells sweet potatoes, etc.. He is on the row to the far right toward the back if you are looking at the flea market from the front.

I don't know how you're supposed to get the cola smell out of them though :?: I've tried bleach, oxy clean and baking soda.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

do you guys cut the top off the 55 gallon drums, or just use the supplied holes in the top?
-Josh Murrah
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

I bought one from that guy that he had cut the top off of and attached a nice wood handle to. works like a charm except the wife complains about it being in the way in the laundry room.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Kart Racer wrote:I bought one from that guy that he had cut the top off of and attached a nice wood handle to. works like a charm except the wife complains about it being in the way in the laundry room.
Same here.... minus the wife complaining :P
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

It is usually only when she kicks it but 35 gallons of saltwater and I probably would complain to.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Brandon wrote: I don't know how you're supposed to get the cola smell out of them though :?: I've tried bleach, oxy clean and baking soda.
My fish always liked the "Sprite" smell :P
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
megelBeagle
Amoeba

Post by megelBeagle »

Thanks for the info... I think my guys would like mountain dew, seein as how mountain are by the ocean. Mountain Dew is commonly accepted of the one of the purest forms of natural goodness. It is also the basis for the whole marine ecosystem.
We're doing to dew.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

SaltnLime wrote:
Brandon wrote: I don't know how you're supposed to get the cola smell out of them though :?: I've tried bleach, oxy clean and baking soda.
My fish always liked the "Sprite" smell :P

Ahhh... so now we know your secret. :lol:
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.