VHO's and end cap length

Break out the ducktape !

Moderator: snoopdog

Breadman
Amoeba

VHO's and end cap length

Post by Breadman »

I'm building a canopy for my new 100 gallon tank this week and I need some measurements. Along with the three MH's in the hood I will also be putting four 60" VHO's. Does anyone know the total length of this bulb with water proof end caps? I don't want to get the canopy built and then find out my lights won't fit.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I can measure mine when I get home if nobody else has let you know by then.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Breadman
Amoeba

Post by Breadman »

Snakeman wrote:I can measure mine when I get home if nobody else has let you know by then.
Thanks
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

48-5/8" end cap to end cap.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Breadman
Amoeba

Post by Breadman »

Snakeman wrote:48-5/8" end cap to end cap.
Thanks. So 61" should hold everything.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

That would be plenty for the vhos. I've olny got about 1" of space on each end of my Vhos. I made my top so that it hindge up with all of the bulbs attached so it makes it a lot easier to change bulbs and digging around in the tank.